eFoldi is the world’s most compact, lightweight, and versatile personal electric vehicle (PeV). It is so marvelously engineered that it can be neatly folded into a case for easy transport and storage as well as into a chair to rest on. eFoldi makes getting around easy and fun!
eFoldi is so marvellously engineered because it’s the invention of Sumi Wang’s father, Jianmin Wang, who served as Technical Director of the Chinese Acrobatic Circus for 49 years. If you’ve ever seen the Chinese Acrobatic Circus, you know that it features some of the most marvelous engineering ever seen. Jianmin Wang’s mind is uniquely inventive, as is eFoldi! (For more background on eFoldi’s father-daughter team, click here.)
Our core mission is to put the fun of getting around within reach of everyone. We want eFoldi to be practical, money-saving, more fun than a barrel of monkeys, and imminently justifiable. We want your budget to feel smug. To further that mission, Jianmin used his half-century of circus expertise to create a finely engineered vehicle that’s lightweight and affordable (unlike competing aluminium personal e-vehicles) but unquestionable safe and strong.
Long answer: As we say in eFoldi’s mission statement,
“We hate to see you in a jam, fuming on the inside and the outside. It’s our job to get you where you’re going in a happier way: Walk when you feel like it. Roll when you don’t.”
If you’d like to get around in a happier way, then eFoldi will suit you. Have a look at what current users say about eFoldi.
(If you are not able to walk or control your legs, eFoldi might not be your best option. In that case, please investigate our power wheelchair, which might suit you better.)
Alas for the speed demons among us, we are legally required to install a speed-limiter that holds eFoldi to 6 kilometers (4 miles) per hour on sidewalks and 12 kilometers (8 miles) per hour on roads. Take our word for it: At eight miles per hour, you feel like you’re really zipping along (especially when car traffic is at a standstill—it’s great for those who enjoy schadenfreude).
• The AirSafe battery pack is allowed for air travel, weighs 1.1 kilograms (2.4 pounds) and will carry you up to 7 kilometers (4+ miles) on a full charge.
• The FarReach battery pack is designed for long range, weighs 1.8 kilograms (3.9 pounds), and can take you up to 22 kilometers (14 miles) on a full charge.
Of course, those distances assume that you’re not a sumo wrestler on the road to Pike’s Peak. Actual travel distance varies depending on road surface, road grade, and driver poundage.
- If you use your eFoldi as a personal e-vehicle for commuting, the largest Li-ion battery pack you may bring on a flight is 100 Wh. The AirSafe battery (24V, 4Ah), which is 96 Wh, qualifies as legal for everyone.
- If you are physically challenged and drive eFoldi as a mobility vehicle, you are allowed to bring the FarReach battery (24V, 12Ah) on board.
- You may also bring an extra battery pack, but please note that no battery may be left in checked-in luggage. It must be carried through the security check and into the cabin.
More details can be found on IATA and airline websites:
To use eFoldi as mobility scooter, see clause 1.4 on page 4:
Please always check with the airlines you are flying with, as they do have their own handling procedures.
Our mission is to make things better. Obviously, that requires not making things worse, which would be the case if you spent your hard-earned money on an eFoldi and it didn’t go.
We’re dead-set on our mission, so this is how we work things:
1. When you call us, we answer; when you email us, we reply—and carry on a friendly conversation.
2. If you have a problem, we fix it. We provide a 12-month warranty for all design defects except affecting consumables like tyres and LED bulbs.
That pretty much covers it. Honestly, we just aren’t that busy in the second department.
If you’d like to have more information from us please do not hesitate to contact us? At email@example.com.
To the rest of the world, shipping costs $199(USD).
Additional duties or taxes may apply depending upon your country’s policies.
For example, if you live in the UK or European region and buying eFoldi as normal e-vehicle, you would be charged 20% VAT on top of the goods and shipping. The VAT will be exempt if you are eligible to VAT relief.
We treat personal data security with extreme care. Payments are securely handled, and all personal data and card details are fully protected.